You Found What?
The Weird and The Wonderful
"You Found What?" This common exclamation can be heard daily as shoppers unveil their treasure hunting discoveries. Collected below are some of the most peculiar items we've unpacked from lost bags during the past 40 years. You'll be surprised by the weird and wonderful things we've found!
Trophies Bagged From the Animal Kingdom!
- Moose Antlers
- A giant tortoise shell
- A South American snake skin
- A live rattlesnake (we didn't try to sell that!)
- A bear skin packed in salt (it did smell bad!)
- A zebra skin, complete with ears and a tail
- And the favorite: 50 vacuum-packed frogs!
- A Versace gown, straight off the runway
- A Las Vegas show girl costume
- A full Scottish kilt
- An aluminized fire suit
- Or, if that doesn't suit, try a full suit of armor (19th century replica)
All That Glitters!
- A 5.8-carat diamond set in a platinum band, packed in a sock
- A 40.95-carat natural emerald
- A Platinum Rolex valued at over $60,000
- A camera from a space shuttle (we gave it back to NASA)
- A missle guidance system for a fighter jet, with a plaque reading "Handle with extreme caution. I am worth my weight in gold." (promptly returned to the Air Force)
Beyond The Grave!
- Someone's Ashes
- An engraved headstone (a customer purchased it and made it into a coffee table!)
- A coffin
- A shrunken head
- An ancient Egyptian burial mask and mummified hawk dating back about 4000 years!
I hit The Jackpot!
- Money has been found in the hem of pants, inside socks, and the shoulder of a jacket
- A Limoges vase was sold for $80, but later valued at $18,000
- A painting tagged at $60 that proved to be worth $25,000